Maca coffee is a delicious and healthy way to start your day. These unique Maca Coffee Recipes combine the rich, bold flavor of coffee with the nutritional benefits of maca powder, an ancient superfood that has been used for centuries to boost energy, endurance, and overall well-being.
Whether you’re a coffee lover looking for a new twist on your morning brew, or you’re simply looking for a healthier way to get your caffeine fix, maca coffee is an excellent choice.
Maca Coffee Recipes
The major ingredient of these recipes is Maca Powder. So be sure to check it out if you have maca powder ready before making any of these Maca Coffee Recipes.
You can enjoy maca coffee as it is. But, if you’re looking for some delicious recipes to try, here are some maca coffee recipes worth checking out:
1. Maca Latte with Coffee
Made with maca powder, espresso, and your favorite milk, this maca latte with coffee is packed with powerful antioxidants and nutrients to help you feel your best. Easy to make caffeine-free! Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ½ tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder, optional
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup or granulated sweetener, plus more to taste; optional
- 1 shot of espresso prepared
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. When the pan is warm, add 1 cup of milk of your choice and heat, stirring occasionally, until warm.
- Add cacao, maca powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to the saucepan. Whisk well to combine, then let the mixture simmer. Whisk occasionally until the mixture is hot or very warm (as desired).
- If using a sieve or strainer, fit the tool over the serving mug or glass. Slowly and carefully, pour the liquid through the strainer and into the container. Discard any clumps or sediment collected by the strainer.
- Pour espresso shot on top of maca latte in serving mug. Stir to incorporate if desired and serve immediately.
2. Iced Maca Coffee
A refreshing morning elixir with maca-infused coconut milk! Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes (+15 min cooling) | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tsp coffee powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- Place the coffee powder, maca powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a metal Turkish coffee pot (Cezve).
- Using a small spoon, stir briefly until just combined, and place the pot on the stovetop.
- Slowly bring the coffee mixture to a boil over medium heat. This will take 3-4 minutes, so keep a close watch.
- Let it cool.
- Add in coffee vanilla extract, coconut milk, and ice.
- Stir with a long spoon and enjoy immediately.
3. Vanilla Hazelnut Maca Coffee
This adaptogen-infused morning brew incorporates maca, hazelnut, and vanilla for a smooth, delicious cup of joe.
- ½ cup coffee
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or substitute milk or heavy cream)
- 2 tbsp hazelnut butter
- ½-1 tsp gelatinized maca powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (to taste – make vanilla extract with this recipe)
- 1 scoop grass-fed collagen peptides (optional)
- sweetener (to taste)
- Heat milk/coconut milk and pour it into a blender along with the maca, hazelnut butter, vanilla, and gelatin (if using).
- Give it a quick whir and then pour it into a cup.
- Sweeten to taste and enjoy.
4. Vegan Maca Latte
This maca coffee, also known as maca latte, is the perfect pick-me-up. Whether you normally enjoy your coffee in the morning or as an afternoon treat, maca is a brilliant alternative. Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 250 ml plant-based milk
- 2 tsp Naturya maca powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat.
- Bring the pan to a simmer and stir until the coconut sugar has dissolved and the milk is infused with the other ingredients. This will take roughly 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk the milk (either with a milk frother or a small whisk) until you have a frothy top.
- Serve while still hot.
In a Nutshell
As you can see, maca powder can be easily added to a variety of foods and drinks, especially in your daily routine of coffee, to boost their nutritional content and add a unique, nutty flavor.
It’s also important to note that maca powder has a unique taste, some people describe it as nutty, earthy, or malty.
You may need to adjust the amount of maca powder you add to your food or drink depending on your taste preference.