Coffee and dessert are like a match made in heaven – so why not combine them?
If you like dessert with your coffee, you’ll really love what happens when you mix coffee in your dessert. You can use coffee to make delectable cookies, creamy pies, and gelatin desserts that are perfect for every occasion.
But watch out: Between the caffeine and the sugar, you might be awake for a while. In this article, we share some delicious coffee-based dessert recipes, including coffee jelly, coffee s’mores pie, cappucino ice pops, and more!
How to Make Coffee Jelly
Coffee jelly is a delicious coffee-based dessert made of coffee-flavored jelly ice cubes in a thick, coffee-infused cream. Perfect for warm afternoons, this coffee-flavored jelly dessert will tickle your taste buds. Try this coffee jelly recipe!
Ingredients (Serves 10)
- 28.8 g unflavored gelatin (gulaman)
- 4 tablespoon Instant Coffee
- 8 cups of water
- 0.5 cup Sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup condensed milk
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Shaved Chocolate (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, stir in the gelatin in 4 cups of water. Note: This depends on the brand of gelatin you use – make sure to follow the instructions on the packaging.
- Bring to a boil and stir in the instant coffee and sugar. Stir thoroughly until everything is dissolved.
- Pour liquid into a container until it is about 1 inch thick. Allow it to cool and set completely. To fasten things up, you can but the container in the fridge.
- Once the gelatin has fully set, cut it into small cubes and set aside in a container.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the condensed milk and heavy cream.
- Add the gelatin cubes and refrigerate. Chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate and whipped cream (optional).
How to Make Cappucino Ice Pops
Get your caffeine fix in frozen form with these cappuccino ice pops!
Ingredients (Serves 10; serving size 1 ice pop)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 10 (1/3-cup) ice pop molds
- 10 craft sticks
- Boil water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-heat until the sugar dissolves completely. Cool and stir in corn syrup. Reserve ¼ cup sugar syrup and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dissolve instant espresso granules in 1 ¼ cups sugar syrup while still warm. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine half-and-half with the reserved ¼ cup syrup. Divide half-and-half mixture evenly among the ice pop molds.
- Divide espresso mixture among molds.
- Cover and insert craft sticks. Freeze for about 6 hours or until thoroughly frozen.
How to Make Coffee S’mores Pie
You love pie. You love s’mores. You love coffee. With this Coffee S’mores Pie recipe, you get to enjoy all three in one dessert!
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 9 whole graham crackers, ground finely
- 1 ounce bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted
- Coffee Ganache
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee beans
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2′ cubes
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (don’t exceed 61% cacao), finely chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Graham Cracker Crust. In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and remaining ingredients. Press mixture onto the bottom and upsides of pie dish. Chill until crust is firm; about 30 minutes.
- Coffee Ganache. Place butter and chocolate in a large bowl. Bring 2 tablespoon water, coffee, and cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes. Then, strain cream mixture through a fine mesh sieve into bowl with chocolate and butter; discard coffee grounds. Stir until melted and ganache is smooth. Pour into the chilled crust; smooth top. Chill for about 1 hour to set.
- Meringue. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until light and frothy. Add sugar in 4 additions – beating for 1 minute after each addition. Continue to beat egg whites until glossy and stiff.
- Spoon meringue over coffee ganache. Swirl decoratively using the back of a spoon or a spatula. If you want, you can use a kitchen torch to toast meringue until golden brown in spots.
How to Make Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream
If you love both caramel macchiato and ice cream, you’ll surely enjoy this dessert that combines your two favorites!
Ingredients (Serves 12)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup caramel dessert sauce
- In a large bowl, whisk together instant coffee granules, milk, sugar, and salt until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions until it reaches a ‘soft-serve’ consistency.
- Transfer half of the ice cream to a one- or two-quart lidded plastic container. Then, pour half of the caramel sauce over the top. Repeat the layers with the remaining ice cream and caramel. You can swirl the caramel into the ice cream using a knife or chopstick.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap and seal. For best results, ice cream should stay in the freezer for about 2 hours or overnight.
The Bottom Line
Whether you’re preparing it for yourself, or to share with your family and friends, these coffee-based dessert recipes will surely be a hit! Follow the instructions indicated here and you’ll be able to create desserts that everyone will surely love. Enjoy!